Living Green – Expo
May 14, 2022 – 10 am to 2 pm
Grace Lutheran Church
1624 E. Euclid Ave – Mount Prospect
Parking - Rear Parking lot or Bike to Event
Booths (10-2 pm); Central Stage (10-2pm); Free Food – (11-1pm)
For your Home:
- Mount Prospect Monarchs - Steps to install a Butterfly Garden
- GRNE Solar – Solar 101 - Is Solar right for you?
- Village of Mount Prospect - Composting and Recycling at home
- Lurvey’s - Hands on Gardening with Lurvey’s Kids Garden Club
- Forest Preserve of Cook County- Connecting to Nature
- Grace Preschool – Singing at the Center Stage
For your Health:
- Food Table – Provided by Grace Lutheran and Petra Church
For your Community:
- River Trails Park District - Prairie Restoration and Tour of Restoration Area
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District - Tree Saplings / Compost Bag Give Away
- Adoria Organics – Organic Gardening
- Grace Green Team, Grace Garden Group and Pre-School Garden – Church Green initiatives and Growing Food from Community Garden to Food Banks
New for 2022...Donate to Grace with Credit Card, Debit Card, Direct Bank Debit (ACH) etc. Set-up a Recurring payment, making your giving easy. You can even set-up your account via a text to your cellphone. Go to Gifts Page to learn more.
Join us at our Virtual Worship Service including Holy Communion via Zoom at 10:00am every Sunday morning
Sunday Worship with Grace
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 4372 9643
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 865 4372 9643
A Message from the Pastor
On behalf of the people of Grace, we welcome you in the name of Christ!
Grace is a community of men, women, youth and children who celebrate God’s love for us by extending that love to others. Our life is centered in worship in which we hear God’s word and celebrate Christ’s presence with us in Holy Communion. Our life extends beyond the walls of the church as we engage in ministry among poor and marginalized people close to home, across Chicagoland, or across the world. We have a special place for young children and their families, as they engage in the challenges of raising children in 21 st Century America.
Together, we strive to live out our church’s motto: “God’s work. Our hands.”
The sermon is a key component of every service. Pastor Dan Schwick's recent sermons have been recorded and uploaded to YouTube. Check out the recent sermons.
Our mission is to tell the good news of Jesus and touch people with his love.
Our vision is to joyfully praise and serve God, committed to being a church of friendship, openness and diversity.
We believe that ...
- We are a people with a mission, sent by God to our neighborhood, community and all the world.
- Every church member is a minister - a servant of Jesus Christ.
- Prayer transforms lives and strengthens the church.
- Families of every kind are a blessing from God and should be fully included in the life of the church.
- Developing the faith of our children and youth is the responsibility of every member.
- Grace Church is called to grow - not just in numbers, but in the depth of our faith in Jesus Christ.
- God is generous and good and we find joy in sharing our blessings with others.
- Christ meets us in the person of the hungry, the elderly, the child, the homeless and the stranger.
Safety & Security
At Grace, the safety of our visitors, members, preschool students and staff is always of paramount importance. A detailed plan has been developed, published and distributed throughout the congregation. In the event of virtually any type of emergency including any medical condition, man-made incident or weather-related event, the congregation is prepared to quickly assess the situation and take immediate action appropriate for the situation. Our safety committee continuously looks for ways to improve our preparedness and safety.
Click Grace Emergency Plan to review the detailed Safety Plan.
Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church